Sukkot & Simchat Torah
UW Hillel builds 2 Sukkahs. Our rooftop Sukkah will be used for meals and programs throughout the holiday. Our front sukkah is the perfect place to enjoy a meal from Adamah Neighobrhood Table or bring your own meal to celebrate the mitzvah of eating in the Sukkah.
2017 Sukkot and Simchat Torah Schedule
Sunday, October 1
- 10 AM (until finished) - Help decorate the Sukkah!
- Help decorate the Sukkah 5-630 PM. Come get your pinterest on and enjoy snacks as we decorate!
- Holiday dinner in the Sukkah: 7 PM
- Wake up Wisconsin 12-2 PM. Come chat with Lizzy and Greg about current events and the news from a Jewish, social justice perspective. We’ll have delicious bagels, coffee, and conversation!
- Shabbat services 6 PM, dinner at 7 PM in the Sukkah
- Pickle Party 12-2 PM. Learn the age-old sustainable skill of pickling, bring home your own sauerkraut, and discuss how this Ashkenazi tradition connects us with Jewish roots. Plus, meet Hillel’s brand new Green Team!
- Shaksukah in the sukkah 6 PM. Join us in our sukkah for an authentic (and FREE) Israeli experience!
- LGBTQ+ Meet & Greet & Eat 6-7 PM. Hey queer Jews! Come for dinner and conversation in the sukkah! Reconnect with old friends and meet new friends too, with Hamsa’s first event of the year.
- Let the Good Times Roll: Simchat Torah and Sushi 6 PM